PolyOne’s Maxxam™ family of polypropylene- and polyethylene-based products covers a wide range of applications, industries and performance requirements. Standard grades are compounded with calcium carbonate, glass and talc to provide a desired balance of properties, including stiffness, durability, impact resistance and heat resistance.
If traditional grades of polypropylene and polyethylene do not meet the requirements of your application, but you do not wish to use highly engineered or custom materials, then Maxxam products may be just what you need. Primary features and benefits include:
- Good balance of properties among stiffness, durability and impact resistance
- Can be compounded for molding, extrusion or blow molding processes
- UV stability
- More economical than many engineered materials
- Available in white, black or custom colors
Additional Product Information
The Maxxam product line combines resins, fillers and additives to give you the best of three worlds:
- Base resins such as polypropylene (homopolymers and copolymers) and polyethylene (LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE)
- Fillers such as glass and minerals (including calcium carbonate and talc)
- Additives and modifiers, including UV stabilizers, antioxidants, lubricants, impact enhancers and coupling agents
The Maxxam product line is broadly applicable to the transportation, industrial, consumer, electrical and electronic, and building and construction industries.