Surround™ EMI/RFI Shielding Formulations
Surround™ is an electrically conductive, long fiber thermoplastic material formulated specifically to work in critical electronic applications such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), medical devices, and wire and cable and electrical connectors. These formulations provide electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) shielding at a weight reduction of up to 60% as compared to aluminum, copper and other metals.
Additional benefits and features of Surround formulations vary depending on the reinforcing additives used, such as nickel-coated carbon fiber and stainless steel fiber. A variety of base resins can be used to create Surround formulations.
- Provides integrated EMI/RFI shielding on par with metals
- Targets shielding effectiveness requirements > 60 dB
- Eliminates need for secondary operations
- Design freedom of injection molding, including thinner walls
- Surface resistivity targeted at 100 to 102 ohms/sq
- Promotes device and device housing miniaturization
- Lighter weight and easier to process than aluminum or copper
- Durable and non-corrosive
Advanced Mobility eBook
Explore materials for advanced mobility applications
Brochures & Product Information
Browse and download our literature to learn more about PolyOne solutions and services.
Safety Data Sheets
Important information about the health, safety and environmental impacts of PolyOne products.
Technical information, design guides, processing information and more.
Surround - Processing Guide
Surround EMI/RFI Shielding Formulations are developed to protect critical electronics applications by minimizing electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI).