PolyOne Corporation Website Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information that PolyOne Corporation, and its affiliates (collectively “PolyOne”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit, and/or use services related to, our website located at http://www.polyone.com (collectively, the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by us offline.
PolyOne is committed to protecting your privacy. We provide this Privacy Statement to explain the type of information we collect and to inform you of the specific practices and guidelines that protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. If any term in this Privacy Statement is unacceptable to you, please do not use the Website or provide any personal data. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“Personal Data”). For example, we may collect information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, job position, job industry, company/organization name, and any other information you voluntarily provide. We also may collect information about the internet connection and equipment you use to access our Website. As you navigate through the Website, we may automatically collect information such as your usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and applications on our Website. This includes information when you sign up to learn more about becoming a supplier; or when you request documentation regarding SDS, ISO, REACH, ROHS, or UL documentation.
- When you apply for career opportunities through the Website. If you choose to apply online with PolyOne, how we process your Personal Data is further described in the data protection notice on the recruitment platform, not in this Privacy Statement.
- Information you provide when signing up for newsletters and other types of informational material; when you inquire about products, technical support, and customer service or sales support; and when you provide feedback about our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including e-mail addresses).
If you give us the Personal Data of a third party, you represent that you have provided notice to, and received authorization to provide such information from, that third party.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including the resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Details to enable transactions including your username, password when you register to take advantage of personalized features.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine Website traffic patterns.
- Count Website visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe Website search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine the frequency of user visits and last date of visit.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Social Media Plug-ins. The Website uses what are called social plugins (“plugins”) from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These plugins are indicated by the respective logo of the social network. When you access the Website, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The content of the plugin is transferred by the social network directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the Website.
Integration of the plugin causes the social media networks to receive the information that you have loaded the corresponding page of Website. If you are logged in with Facebook, for example, it will be able to assign your visit to your account. Please note that an exchange of this information already takes place when you visit our Website, regardless of whether you interact with the plugin or not. If you interact with the plugins, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there. You can find information on the purpose and extent of data acquisition as well as how the data is processed further and used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your private sphere, in the data protection notes of the social networks.
If you do not want incorporated social networks to gather data about you via our Website, you must log out on the respective domain of the social network before visiting Website. If you wish to prevent information being exchanged with the above-mentioned social networks during your visit to our Website, you can opt out of cookies by visiting our Cookie Notice.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Below please find information about how we process information collected about you (including Personal Data) as well as the corresponding legal basis. We may process your information where the processing is:
- Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you. For example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about our contracts, your account.
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To make sure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and services (when you choose to do so).
- To keep our Website safe and secure (for example, security protection and fraud prevention).
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- To notify you about changes to our service or our Website.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by e-mail and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, Personal Data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our services, analytics, and the enforcement of any corporate reporting obligations, or other policies.
- Pursuant to valid consent provided by you, in order to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, simply do not opt-in when we ask for your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your data. For any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Statement:
- To any member of our group, which means our affiliates, including our parent company PolyOne Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, managed services providers, IT professionals, developers, consultants).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PolyOne’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by PolyOne about our Website users is among the assets transferred. This may also include exchanging information with a potential buyer or other successor in connection with the due diligence for any of the foregoing transactions.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you e-mail us asking us to contact a third party, we may transmit the contents of your e-mail to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation; in order to enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and payment collection purposes, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PolyOne, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or in a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It also may be processed by PolyOne personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or by other entities acting as data processors processing data on our behalf. This includes personnel engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your request or order and the provision of support services. Please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States or other jurisdictions outside the EEA may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
PolyOne has implemented international data transfer agreements on the basis of EU Standard Contractual Clauses in order to provide appropriate and suitable safeguards for personal data being transferred to countries outside the EEA where an adequate level of protection is not already guaranteed. A copy can be obtained by using our Data Subject Access Request Form. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable legislation.
Unless otherwise required by law, PolyOne will erase Personal Data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals.
- Communications from PolyOne. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by PolyOne to promote our own products or services or provide general information, you can indicate your preferences on the forms we use to collect your data or ask us not to process your Personal Data for these purposes by contacting us through our Data Subject Access Request Form. Please note that this does not apply to information PolyOne provides in order to establishment an account with you, address your purchase order, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under applicable data protection law, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including the following:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your Personal Data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your Personal Data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by using our Data Subject Access Request Form.
- In certain jurisdictions, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with us are entitled to ask us for a notice describing the types of personal customer information we have shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. That notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request using our Data Subject Access Request Form.
We have implemented appropriate measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us through our Website and shall not be liable for breaches of security or integrity, third-party interception in transit, or any damage caused to you or your company, your computer(s), or other property by accessing or using our Website or services. Any transmission of your Personal Data is at your own risk.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement does not apply to these websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of any linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may use their own cookies and tracking devices, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit your Personal Data.
Your access to or use of our Website also may involve interaction with or use of third party services or features, such as embedded videos hosted by third parties (“Third Party Services”). This Privacy Statement also does not apply to Third Party Services, and, for the same reasons as above, you should consult those third parties’ privacy statements and terms and conditions before using their services.
POLYONE DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and PolyOne does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us using our Data Subject Access Request Form.
REVISIONS TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address provided by you or through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this policy. Your continued use of our Website after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement of these changes to this Privacy Statement.
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, you may contact us through our Data Subject Access Request Form.