New Zodiac™ Libra™ Silicone Inks from PolyOne Present Eco-Conscious Options for Performance-Wear Screen Printers
June 18, 2019
CLEVELAND – June 17, 2019 – PolyOne’s Specialty Inks group today launched Libra™ silicone ink, the latest offering within its new Zodiac™ brand collection of eco-conscious screen-printing inks. Zodiac Libra follows Zodiac Aquarius™, a waterbased ink portfolio launched in January and the first offering within the new brand collection.
Printing onto performance and athletic garments presents a unique set of functional requirements to ensure ink durability and elasticity. Zodiac Libra silicone ink meets these performance-on-garment requirements for brands that desire a non-PVC formulation.
“We are continuing to expand the Zodiac line of waterbased and silicone eco-conscious inks in response to the needs of our customers,” said Tito Echiburu, general manager, PolyOne Specialty Inks. “Libra is a result of development specifically aimed at high performance fabrics.”
This Zodiac Libra silicone ink portfolio includes bases, additives, ready-for-use (RFU) colors, toner colors, pigment concentrates, and special effect inks.
- Bases and additives are used to produce soft hand, high stretch or other performance characteristics
- RFU and toner colors are popular colors in the athletic and performance-wear market
- Pigment concentrates are available to printers who need to meet specific color-matching criteria
- Special-effect reflective, metallic and gel inks may be used in conjunction with other Libra silicone inks to enhance prints and differentiate designs
- All Zodiac Libra silicone inks are available in the IMS 3.0 color matching software
# # #
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), with 2018 revenues of $3.5 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. The company adds value to global customers and improves sustainability through formulating materials, such as:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
PolyOne employs approximately 6,900 associates, is certified ACC Responsible Care® and Great Place to Work®, and is a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit www.polyone.com.
EDITORS: For a high-resolution image, please click here: FOR MEDIA USE ONLY
PHOTO CAPTION: PolyOne Specialty Inks collection of Zodiac Libra silicone inks are designed to meet sustainability and performance demands.
To access PolyOne’s news library online, please go to www.polyone.com/news
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
PolyOne Announces Second Quarter 2019 Results... More
PolyOne Reschedules its Second Quarter 2019 Earnings Release and Conference Call... More
PolyOne Corporation Announces Quarterly Dividend... More