With our wide range of services, we go beyond simply meeting our customers’ needs. Our customer-focused approach to developing innovative and responsible solutions allows us to help our customers differentiate their products, win new business, reduce operating costs and meet sustainability goals.
Customers work with us to design new products, analyze performance problems, troubleshoot processing issues, diagnose failure mechanisms and qualify materials.
Our services include:
- Application development – Make your application idea a reality by working with our experts.
- Color design centers – Use PolyOne software to design the color and/or special effect of your specific part.
- "Color use" audits – Reduce total cost of color parts by reviewing your manufacturing and distribution facilities and determining color waste and potential color control mechanisms.
- Custom compound development – Work with our team to create a custom compound that meets your exact processing and end-use application needs.
- Custom toll compounding capabilities – Use PolyOne's facilities in NAFTA region to compound your product. Dedicated to resin producers, processors and OEMs that need additional production capacity or want pilot plant experience prior to full production.
- Material selection – Choose the most appropriate and cost-effective compound, color or additive for your specific manufacturing process and application.
- Part and tooling design assistance – Leverage our polymer knowledge and processing experience to improve the design of your part through FEA-based part design. The geometry can be passed to other FEA-based programs, including structural, filling, cooling, processing and tool manufacturing software.
- Process simulations – Leverage our FEA-based filling, cooling and processing analyses of a part and tool design to improve your process.
- Productivity assessment – Improve the efficiency of your machine or manufacturing line.
- "Rapid response" delivery – Have color and/or additive concentrates delivered to your location within 24 hours.
- Specialized color-matching services – Quickly develop colored part concepts and final designs for product stage or re-stage efforts.
- Structural analyses – Determine the structure of a part design using FEA-based structural analyses.
- Training programs – Build the expertise of your staff by participating in our training programs.
In addition, Polymer Diagnostics, Inc. (PDI), a wholly owned subsidiary of PolyOne Corporation, provides extensive testing and consultative services, including:
- Mechanical and physical property testing
- Chemical analysis and microscopy
- Fire science